ELDORA SKI RESORT
Thinking of a ski day during your stay at the A-Lodge? Eldora Mountain Resort is a ski resort above the town of Nederland, just a 30 minute drive up Boulder Canyon.
Directions to Eldora Ski Area:
From the A-Lodge, go right out of the driveway to go back to Boulder Canyon (Highway119). Turn right (West) to go to Nederland. Continue on 119 South to the edge of town and turn right onto the Eldora ski road. the ski resort will be 3 miles up.
- Eldora is skiing, snowboarding, cross-country and snowshoe friendly!
- Eldora opened for skiing in 1962.
- Eldora receives 300 inches of snow per year.
- Eldora boasts Colorado’s best snowmaking system. Coverage is 100% of groomed terrain, more than any other resort in Colorado!
- The base area of Eldora has an elevation of 9,200 feet above sea level. Top elevation is 10,800 feet.
- The most difficult trail at Eldora is Corona Bowl – a double black diamond known to cause severe gnarthritis
- Eldora is only 21 miles from Boulder and 47 miles from Denver.
- Eldora has 680 acres of skiable terrain.
- Eldora’s longest run is 3 miles long!
Your Hotel For Eldora
Eldora ski area is the closest ski resort to Boulder and with over 300 inches of snow annually and an elevation over 9,000 feet that keeps that snow cold and skiing well it is a great ski area. Having this gem so close to town, only a thirty-minute drive up Boulder Canyon allows our you to get your ski days in while enjoying the dining, dancing and events the Boulder has to offer. Our location in Boulder Canyon make the A-Lodge the ideal hotel for Eldora ski area as you are strategically placed to be the first ones up the canyon in the morning to get fresh tracks. Same for the evening as our location is on your way back to Boulder it is really easy to pop in, have a soak in the hot tub and clean up before heading out to one of the many great restaurants in town.
Eldora also offers a world-class cross-country area with over 40 kilometers of groomed terrain. Eldora is known for keeping their trails in excellent condition so you can count on well maintained snow that is nice and firm for skate skiing and a classic track that is always set. With on on-site rental shop if you have never tried Nordic skiing and have always wanted to this is going to be an ideal opportunity.
Want the local’s low down on how to ski Eldora so you don’t waste a minute of your time on the mountain? Be sure to read: HOW TO SKI ELDORA MOUNTAIN RESORT: INSIDER TIPS FOR THE LOCAL HILL