WHO WE ARE
Hello, and welcome to A-Lodge!
Our goal is to give you access to the best outdoor adventures that Boulder has to offer, with the best rustic accommodations near town. This has led us to build the A-Lodge around three principals: Access, Adventure, and Amenities.
Whether you’re climbing, fishing, skiing, cycling, hiking, or taking in the town, the A-Lodge offers instant access to all your favorite adventures and the right amenities to come home to after an exciting day off the beaten path.
We encourage you to ask about the local trails and crags, use our adventure tablet to book a guided trip, meet new friends by the fire, make plans for future adventures, and wash off the dirt from the trail in Fourmile Creek (the creek literally runs through the A-Lodge.) We are here to make sure you have a great Colorado experience. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable – we want you to let us know!
You can stay in touch with us via text message or email if anything comes up during your stay at the A-Lodge. We are on-site seven days a week (as is Gunner – our partner with four-legs). We are committed to providing you with A-level service and lodgings. We love to talk adventure and have many great recommendations for you during your stay in Boulder. We will likely see you when you return to enjoy a cold beverage in the community room.
Thanks for choosing the A-Lodge!
Asa Firestone & Kris Klauber
Co-Owners | Co-Founders
Stay in Touch.
Do you have any questions for our team?
Get in touch with us! We would love to be of assistance!
Travel routes to A-Lodge Boulder, Colorado.
Getting to A-Lodge from downtown Boulder (Pearl Street Mall)
Go two blocks South of Pearl St. on Broadway to Canyon Boulevard. Take a right (West) on Canyon Blvd and head toward the mountains. In 2 miles take a right (North) onto Fourmile Canyon Drive. We are located just a few hundred feet on the left.
Getting to A-Lodge from Denver International Airport
Take Peña Blvd West from the airport. Follow Peña Blvd to E 40th Ave. Take the U.S. 70 E/40th Ave/Airport Blvd exit from Peña Blvd. Merge onto I-70 West. Continue on I-70 W then take I-270 W to US-36 W into Boulder. Take a left (West) on Canyon Blvd. In 4 miles take a right onto Fourmile Canyon Blvd. We are located just a few hundred feet on the left.
Getting to A-Lodge from Denver International Airport using public transit
Take the AB route of the RTD bus. It leaves once per hour and is located at the DIA West Terminal (Level 5 – Island 5). It takes about 1 hour to get to the Boulder Transit Center.
Welcome to the A-Lodge!
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is 3:00 pm. Please call with early arrival requests, but requests cannot be guaranteed, but we will do our best to accommodate each request. Check-out time is 10:30 am. Late departures may be available. Please verify with the front desk during your stay.
CANCELLATIONS: We have a 7 day cancellation policy. Please inform us of cancellation more than 7 days before your reservation otherwise we cannot provide any type of refund.
SMOKING: All guest rooms and common areas are non-smoking. The lodge has dedicated smoking areas designated by signs. Smoking in your room can result in up to a $500 fee. Please do not throw trash on the ground, it will inevitably end up in the beautiful Fourmile Creek… Or we will end up picking it up which we are not psyched on.
CANNABIS: As you may know, Colorado legalized marijuana consumption under Amendment 64. At the A-Lodge, we recognize the people of Colorado’s choice and respect this decision. We ask that you do not smoke cannabis in your room, but go to our designated smoking areas. Same as our policy on tobacco. Smoking in your room can result in up to a $500 fee.
PETS: Dogs are allowed at the lodge (2 pet maximum). Pet clean up is the responsibility of pet owners. Pets must be attended at all times and may not be left alone in the room. Damage and clean up costs will be assessed by management and passed through to pet owners. The lodge has rooms for individuals with pet allergies. Make sure to ask at the time of booking.
LOST KEY CHARGE: A $25.00 fee will be charged for loss of room keys.
A CREDIT CARD IS REQUIRED: A valid credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee any reservation. All credit cards are authorized for the full amount of the room and daily incidentals at the time of check-in. We accept the following credit cards: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do before, after, or during your stay. And no question is a bad question.
This property is privately owned. Management reserves the right to refuse service, and will not be held responsible for accidents or injury to guests. We are not responsible for loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
ADVENTURE FOR GOOD
A-Lodge Giving Back.
At the A-Lodge, we believe strongly in giving back (both locally and abroad). The A-Lodge is committed to donating 1% of annual profits to adventure outreach programs. Adventure climbing, biking and nature have been a big part of our daily lives both in our youth and now in our adult life. We support programs that foster youth in nature and adventure.
CURRENTLY, OUR PROGRAM LOCAL PARTNERS IN BOULDER COUNTY ARE:
Climb for Colorado – To promote climbing culture, environmental awareness, and self-confidence in the lives of under-privileged youth in the state of Colorado.
StarHouse – Join A-Lodge in supporting our lodging partnership with Sacred Arts Practitioner Certification through the Boulder-based non-profit All Seasons Chalice, providing sacred ground for all faiths and traditions to experience spiritual and ceremonial practice based on love of the Divine, honor for all beings, earth stewardship, and seasonal and celestial community celebrations. Make you tax deductible contribution today at StarHouse.
OUR GLOBAL PARTNER, BASED OUT OF RIO DE JANEIRO:
Centro de Escalada Urbana (CEU) – To promote climbing culture, environmental awareness, and self-confidence in the lives of under-privileged youth in the city of Rio de Janeiro.
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
List of Accessible Features
Parking and Loading Zone
– Two accessible parking spaces, including van accessible parking spaces
– Adequate accessible parking signage at each accessible parking space
– There is at least one exterior route that allows persons who use wheelchairs to approach, enter and use the main lodge facility
Building Entrances & Lobby
– The walkway in front of the lobby door is level
– There is at least one lobby entrance with at least 32” clear passage width
– Required hallways, corridors, lobby, accessible guestrooms, restaurants, etc., are free of any steps or abrupt vertical level changes that will impede access for persons who use wheelchairs;
– Doors widths are at least 32”
Public/Common Use Restrooms
– There are two public restrooms that are accessible, with at least one large accessible stall/toilet, one accessible lavatory, and one accessible urinal (if urinals are provided)
– Accessible toilets have grab bars installed
Accessible Guestrooms and Suites
– There are two (2) accessible guestrooms
– All entry doors to accessible guestrooms and other interior doors allow at least 32” of clear passage width
– Door hardware (levers, pulls, etc) on all entry doors to accessible guestrooms and other passage doors within the rooms are usable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist
– The security latch or bolt on the hall door is mounted no higher than 48” above the floor
– There is at least a 40” wide route around the bed– 48” curtain wand pull
– Flip switch lamps
– Wheelchair accessible work desk
– Wheelchair accessible clothing rod, mounted iron and mounted safe
– TDD equipment available—visual alarms and visual notification devices for door and phone
Accessible Guestroom Bathrooms
– Bathroom doors allow at least 32” of clear passage width
– Bathroom door hardware is easily operable with one hand, without tight grasping, pinching or twisting
of the wrist
– There are grab bars near the toilet
– Towel racks between 48” – 54” from the floor
– Accessible bathtub, including grab bars and drop down wide extended shower bench
– 19” raised toilet
– 5’ turning radius in bathroom
The A-Lodge is going for LEED certification!
How would we be able to enjoy our adventures in the outdoors without the environment?
The A-Lodge is committed to protecting the environment through a wide range of policies and practices, including auditing hotel waste, recycling, purchasing eco-friendly products for in-room use, and reducing unnecessary laundering.
We actively recycle the following products through the Town of Boulder recycling programs: Paper, newspaper, magazines, plastic, cans, glass, and cardboard.Other products that we recycle using other outlets are: batteries, office equipment, bottles.
In Your Room
You will find a blue recycling bin in your room, low flow shower heads, the linen & towel change program that will reduce detergent use and the use of water, and energy efficient lighting.
Here is a list of some products that we purchase based on their recycling content: Tissues, toilet paper, office paper, napkins, and paper cups. We are proud to have long life bulbs and energy efficient lights in use throughout the lodge. The A-Lodge is presently working on becoming LEED certified.